Satya Avasarala’s Selenium WebDriver Practical Guide, published by Packt Publications, is a comprehensive book for quality assurance/testing professionals, software developers, and web application developers. It helps the readers to learn the fundamental designs of Selenium WebDriver, to set up and use the Selenium Grid, to explore the advanced characteristics the WebDriver like handling cookies, browser navigations, taking screenshots and managing timeouts, to explore EventListeners, to design operative automation frameworks using PageObject pattern.
Selenium 2 Testing Tools: Beginner’s Guide is a comprehensive book for computer science professionals and web developers. It introduces readers to browser automation through Selenium for testing purposes. The book targets beginners and takes readers through setting up a Java Environment to run tests on mobile devices and shows how to get a Selenium setup up and running. It also covers testing complex web applications, running tests in parallel, AJAX calls, basic scripting, setting up Selenium on Firefox and migrating from Selenium RC to Selenium WebDriver. It is an essential resource for Software Quality Assurance professionals, Software Project Managers, or Software Developers interested in automated testing.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Locators and use various locator methods to build reliable tests
- Build reliable and maintainable tests with Selenium WebDriver API
- Use PageFactory Pattern to build a robust and easy- to-maintain test framework
- Build data driven tests and extend Selenium API to implement custom steps and checks
- Learn to integrate and use ATDD/BDD tools such as JBehave, SpecFlow, and FitNesses with Selenium WebDriver
- Set up iPhone/iPad & Android simulators and devices for testing your mobile web application
- Set up Selenium Grid for faster and parallel run of tests, increasing test coverage and reducing test execution time
- Capture screenshots and videos of test runs